This webinar discusses the issues surrounding employees working anywhere outside the traditional office.
The states are reacting to this new business model. No more free-pass on taxing employees working from home which happens to be across the state line. By 2022 all states will revert back to their withholding requirements for state income tax be honored as it would have been pre-Covid. So just what are those taxation requirements? What if the employee works as a hybrid, coming into the office a couple of days per week? What if they work from home and only come into the office once a month, a quarter or even once a year? Does that alter the requirements? And is state income tax the only compliance issue?
- State income tax withholding requirements for employees working from anywhere
- Local tax issues
- Who gets the state unemployment insurance for hybrid workers
- Which wage and hour laws apply when employees work from anywhere
- Do wage hour laws or tax laws change if the employee comes into the “office” once a week, month or quarter
- Which sick pay laws apply for hybrid employees
- What compliance issues arise concerning child support and creditor garnishments
- Travel pay issues for hybrid employees
Live Q&A session will be held after the event.
Who Should Attend?
All Employers, Business Owners, Company Leadership, Compliance professionals, Payroll Administrators, HR Professionals, Managers/Supervisors, Employers in all industries, Small Business Owners