Regardless of skill, hiring a person who is a bad fit is wrong decision. In fact, traditional interviewing predicts future success by only 10%. With a bad fit, the employee is never going to reach optimum performance, be fully engaged, and they are likely to leave.The company is then left with another expensive recruitment along with the disruption of having talent walk out the door. (Recruiting expenses are typically 50 - 100% of an individual's annual salary). (Recorded Date- December 6, 2022)
The minute a new employee walks in the door they begin to evaluate whether they made a good decision (70% of new hires make the decision to stay at or leave an organization within their first six months). If it is a poor fit they never become engaged and typically they turnover quickly leaving you to pick up the pieces.
The solution is to implement strategies that identify the right talent (skills and abilities) and the right fit (personally, culturally, and socially). And there are critical elements that will make it a good match for you and the employee.
- Understanding the job requirements and critical skills needed for success - aligning the skills, knowledge and abilities that support success with the organization culture and how work is done.
- Behavioral Based Interviewing - to accurately assess the candidate's skills and abilities and goodness of fit. Behavioral interviewing looks at what the candidate actually did vs. what they hypothetically would like to do. We'll show you how to use this style of interviewing to your advantage.
- Errors in evaluating candidates - where do they come from and how to minimize or avoid entirely.
- Developing your process - from start to finish a planned approach to making critical decisions on who to hire.
• Learn the "SOAR"method for creating Behavioral Based Interviewing
• Receive 43 Behavioral Based Interview Questions
• Top 10 Tips for Interviewers
• Understand source of interviewer rater errors
• How to link corporate values to employee selection
• How to interview for "best fit"
• What are acceptable and un-acceptable areas of inquiry
• How probing/follow-up questions can make a big difference
• Use Behavior Anchored Rating system to evaluate candidates
• Building your interview process into the performance management system
Why you should Attend:
Behavioral based interviewing is a critical part of building a successful team of employees.With this webinar companies will have tools to improve their new-hire processes.
Who will benefit by this webinar:
Human Resources professionals, leaders, managers, supervisors, and organizational development.
2023 I-9 Audits: Strengthening Your Immigration Compliance Strategies & Anticipated Changes to I-9’s
- Instructor: Diane L. Dee
2023 Employee Handbook Requirements
- Instructor: Margie Faulk
Employment-at-Will: Does It Protect Employers from Wrongful Termination Allegations?
- Instructor: Janette Levey Frisch
Employee Working from Anywhere…Compliance Issues That Must Be Resolved in 2023
- Instructor: Vicki Lambert
Toolkit For Conducting Exit Interviews
- Instructor: Bob Verchota